The original Super Smash Bros. may be over fifteen years old, but it’s still well worth your time. In addition to being just plain fun, it’s also nice to see where the series began and how far it has progressed. If you decide to give it a go, there are a number of unlockables that you can obtain.
- Jigglypuff is unlocked by completing the 1P Game campaign on any difficulty as any character.
- Captain Falcon is obtained by completing the 1P Game campaign on any difficulty as any character within 20 minutes.
- Ness is unlocked by completing 1P Game on Normal difficulty as any character with three lives and no continues.
- Luigi is obtained by completing the Target Test bonus game with all eight starter characters (Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Link, Samus, Fox, Kirby, and Pikachu).
- Mushroom Kingdom is unlocked by completing 1P Game as all eight starter characters and playing on each stage at least once.
- The Sound Test is unlocked by completing Target Test and Board the Platforms with all twelve characters.
- The Item Switch, which really shouldn’t have to be unlocked, is obtained by playing one hundred Versus matches.
Thanks so much for reading! If you want to read more guides, follow this link to return to the master list.