It’s that time again – it’s time for one of the final Amiibo Dojo-sponsored Smash 4 tournaments. This time, it’s going to be me hosting the tourney. The name Amiibo Summer Smash (A.S.S. for short – it’s not a curse word if it’s an abbreviation!) might look familiar to you. And that’s because it is – in recognition of Amiibo Dan, a former amiibo content creator who has since moved on to other topics, I’m hosting the spiritual successor to his Amiibo Summer Smash series. All of the information is enclosed – be sure to read it carefully.
Once again, be sure to read these rules very carefully. Any entries that do not abide by the rules will be immediately disqualified – no exceptions. Now then, here’s everything you need to know:
- Trainers can submit up to three amiibo
- Little Mac cannot have any points in Attack nor any Attack-boosting bonus effects
- Cloud cannot have more than 60 points in Attack nor more than one Attack-boosting bonus effect
- Marth and Lucina cannot use the Iai Counter custom move, and cannot use the Lifesteal or Auto-heal capability bonuses
- Critical-hit capability and Explosive perfect shield are banned
- Players cannot send more than ONE S-Tier amiibo
- Stat points cannot exceeed a sum of 120
- Single elimination rule is in play
- Matches are best two games out of three
- Timeout games go to the amiibo with less damage
- All matches are played on Ω-form stages
Entries are due by Thursday, August 2 @ 11:59PM EST. Send them to email@example.com. The stream (which will take place on my YouTube channel) will most likely take place in the afternoon. I will tweet out the link to the livestream, so if you haven’t done so yet, follow the site on Twitter. Happy training!